MAGIC CITY 4X4 DEMOLITION DERBY
JUNE 30TH, 2013
QUESTION CALL TEVIN FRANCIS AT
406-670-1778 OR E-MAIL AT FRANCISRACINGMT@YAHOO.COM
THESE RULES ARE FINAL NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE
ENTRY FEES: ENTRY FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE NO EXCEPTIONS
Large car is $50 if preregister before JUNE 15TH, 2013 DATE $75 at the gate
ENTRY FEE MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE ENTRY FORM.
IF YOU WANT TO PREREGISTER PLEASE MAIL CHECK MADE OUT TO Magic City 4X4 VERNON BALL/TINT FACTORY 2032 LAMPMAN DRIVE BILLINGS, MONTANA 59102
PIT FEE IS $25 MONEY IS RETURNED IF PIT STALL IS CLEAN WHEN YOU LEAVE
I, ,OWNER OF .
(YEAR MAKE MODEL)
GIVE PERMISSION FOR THE ABOVE CAR TO BE USED IN THE DEMOLITION DERBY.
THE DRIVER ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CAR. THIS RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGES LANDOWNER, AND ALL INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS ASSOCIATION OR CORPORATIONS WHICH MIGHT HAVE ANY CONNECTION WHATSOEVER WITH THE DEMOLITION DERBY.
THE CAR MUST BE REMOVED BY Noon JULY 1ST,2013 OR IT WILL BECOME PROPERTY OF MAGIC CITY 4X4 CLUB
DEMOLITION DERBY WAIVER & RELEASE FORM
For and in consideration of my entrance in the MAGIC CITY 4X4 CLUB Demolition Derby on JUNE 30TH, 2013, I hereby waive any and all claims for damages and causes of actions that I have or might have in connection with or arising out of my participation in said Demolition Derby.
I, the undersigned, for myself and for my heirs, executors, administrator, and assigns, do hereby
release and forever discharge MAGIC CITY 4X4 CLUB any and all of its individual members, and all other persons, associations or corporations which might have any connections whatsoever with the MAGIC CITY 4X4 CLUB Demolition Derby, both jointly and individually, and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns from any and all claims, demands, damages, causes of action, and liabilities that I have or might have by reason of any and all injuries, losses and damage, known and unknown, both to person and property, which may be caused or might in the future arise or develop from or by reason of my participation in any way in the Demolition Derby to be held at Billings, Montana on the JUNE 30TH, 2013
I attest and verify that I have full knowledge of the risks involved in this event.
I have received, read, and understand the rules established for MAGIC CITY 4X4 CLUB Demolition Derby, to be held on JUNE 30TH, 2013
PIT CREW DATE
PIT CREW DATE
1. Driver/pit crew Must be 16 years of age or older.
2. Must have a DOT helmet NO HARDHATS.
3. Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and must present it at the sign in.
4. All drivers and pit-men enter at their own risk. Driver and 2 pit members are free . All drivers must wear seat belts and/or shoulder harnesses.
6. All drivers and their crew members must fill out and sign derby release forms.
7. Any person caught drinking or doing drugs will be ejected without entry fees.
8. No fighting with other drivers/crew or judges.
9. Winners are the last car to make a hit or last running after other drivers have surrendered.
10. All drivers must make a hit under 3 minutes. Stalled or running
GROUNDS FOR DQ
1. Hitting the driver’s door
2. Caught drinking or doing drugs
3. Fighting in the pits or with judges
4. Remove helmet or seatbelt during the event
5. Exiting the car unless on fire or ok'ed
6. Hot-rodding in the pits
1. NO TEAM DRIVING YOU WILL GET ONE WARNING FOR THE ENTIRE DERBY, THIS IS A FREE FOR ALL.
2. Car must make a hit in 1 min. Max 3 mins. to get your car going again
3. Fire the first one the judges put out is a warning. Second one you are out for the heat.
4. If rolled over you are done for the heat. This is on your roof if on side we will let you keep going after the first one if no gas is spilled.
5. If more than 3 tires cross the line or dirt berm you are out for the heat.
6. If you see a bumper, door bar, drive shaft, or tire comes off STOP.
7. If your helmet comes off during the course of competition, you are done for that heat
8. Only the last 2 cars will be pulled apart
9. DRIVER DOOR MUST BE WHITE.
VEHICLE RULES FOR ALL CLASSES
Before you enter the grounds ALL vehicles have the fallowing done to it
1. All glass, mirrors, loose chrome, moldings, lights, and other loose trim must be removed from the car. TAKE OUT THE STOCK GAS TANK ALL THE WAY. Nothing may be attached to the roof of your car, except for a number fin/ number board if you run one, after the grand entry.
2. All flammable materials must be removed from the interior of the car, padded dash and driver’s side door panel may stay.
3. All tire weights MUST be removed. There will be a $10 fee for every tire weight removed by tech.
4. Stock gas tank must be removed. Max size tank is 6 gallons
5. Trailer hitches and any bracing must be completely removed
6. In the windshield have something in the center to stop hoods and other large objects from coming in.
RULES FOR WHEN YOU TECH IN YOUR CAR.
1. Only the driver may tech the car in.
2. You must bring your helmet to tech.
3. Your car must be derby ready when you tech in.
4. You will get out of your car and stand in the drivers box when we tech in your car.
5. You will do a brake test before parking your car in impound.
6. After your car is in impound you may leave but make sure you are back for the drivers meeting.
7. ANYONE FOUND TO BE IN THE IMPOUND AREA THAT IS NOT A JUDGE WILL BE EJECTED. This is so no one will mess with your car during impound. Cars will be released before the derby to add ice and tighten bolts.
LARGE CAR RULES:
NO TRUCKS,VANS,AMBULANCE,T-TOPS, CONVERTIBLES,LIMO, SEDAGONS,HEARSES,EL COMENOS/RANCHERO,CHRYSLER IMPERIALS OR CARS RESUBED WITH IMPERIAL FRAMES ARE ALLOWED AT THIS SHOW.
THIS DERBY IS OPEN TO EVERYONE
Pre-ran cars must try to comply with these rules . SO READ ALL THE RULES BELOW. NO FRAME PLATES. PAINT RULES STILL APPLY. This is for large cars only JUDGES HAVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY PRE-RAN CAR
1) Tires must be DOT approved car or light truck tires, may use Mud and Snow tires if metal studs are remove. Tires may have tubes or outside tire to seal the bead. MAY NOT USE SAND PADDLE TIRES, SKIDSTEER TIRE, OR BOBCAT TIRES.
2) Bumpers may be welded solid. This means the bumper may be welded to the bracket, bracket to frame of the car. You may swap bumpers from any car.
3) Motor mounts may be welded. DISTRIBUTER PROTECTORS ARE ALLOWED BUT CAN NOT REENFORCE THE FRAME OF THE CAR. MAY NOT TIE INTO ROLL CAGE OR DASH BAR.
4) NO CRADLES PERIOD.
5) Engines may be swapped to any brand but must remain in the stock location. The engine may be tied down in all four corners with chain or steel straps. Firewall may be cut for the distributor. Keep it in reason please and try to cover the hole with a floor mat or mud flap.
6) NO PRE-BENDING OR CREASING ON FRESH CARS. After your heat you may cut anything you want BUT NO ADDED METAL TO THE FRAME. NO TUCKED TRUNCKS ON FRESH CARS
7) Fenders may be trimmed for the tires. This means that it can only be cut to the outside diameter of the tire only. You may put 4 bolts per tire max size 3/8 size.
8) In the back seat area the gas tank must be placed and tied down. GAS TANKS MUST BE A METAL OR PLASTIC BOAT TANK OR FUEL CELL, MAX SIZE IS 6 GALLONS.NO SEAT-BELTS TO TIE DOWN THE TANK. USE METAL STRAPS OR CHAIN. NO KICKERS
9) IF YOU USE A TRANNY COOLER THE LINES MUST BE STEEL OR STEEL BRAIDED HYDRAULIC HOSE WITH PRESSURE FITTINGS. PLEASE RUN LINES IN A LARGER HOSE THAT CAN BE MOVED FOR INSPECTION. THIS IS IN CASE A LINE GETS A LEAK IT WILL NOT SPRAY ALL OVER YOU.
10) Radiators MUST remain in the stock location. NO reserved water tanks.
11) NO ANTI-FREEZE IN THE RADIATOR, WATER ONLY. Please drain the block and fill with water.
12) Batteries must be moved to the passenger floor board. May use up to 2x car batteries or 1x industrial (Semi) battery.
13) BATTERIES MUST BE IN A BOX AND COVERED. MAY USE A MILK CRATE BUT NO WOOD. USE METAL STRAPS OR CHAIN TO HOLD THE BATTERY DOWN.
14) A driver’s cage may be used. Max size material is 3 inches in size outside diameter(OD). This includes a seat bar. Dash bar and 1 x bar per side to connect them. Connecting door bar may not go more than 6 inches past the B-pillar. May use a halo bar or upright bar max size 3 inches OD; bar may not be higher than 4 inches above the roof. NONE OF THIS CAGE MAY TIE INTO THE FRAME IN ANY WAY.
15) Driver door may be welded solid and referenced as you see fit. Material outside the door may not go past the seams more than 6 inches. Outside material max size is 2 inches in size OD
16) Doors may be welded, wired, or chained shut. If chain only 2x strands per side of door and 3x strands for the bottom. If welded use a 2 inch weld with a 6 inch gap. May use a steel plate ¼ inch thick and 2 inches long 3 inches wide to weld door shut.
17) Trunk may be welded, wired, or bolted shut. If WELDED use a 2 inch weld 6 inch gap, may use a steel plate ¼ inch thick and 2 inches long 3 inches wide. If you prefer to bolt your trunk instead of weld it you may use up to a 3/8 bolt with 1 inch o/d washer and must have a 6 inch spacing. If chain only 2 strands of chain max 3/8 inch NO LOGGER CHAINS.
18) Station Wagons lid may be removed, if left use the same rules set for the trunk. MUST HAVE A HOLE ON THE INSIDE FOR INSPECTION.
19) NO HUMP PLATES.
20) May weld the frame seam from the firewall to the core support. WELD MUST BE SINGLE BEAD ONLY. THIS IS THE ONLY FRAME SEAM WELDING ALLOWED. NO PAINTED FRAMES IF IT LOOKS LIKE YOU TRIED TO HIDE SOMETHING UNDER PAINT,GREASE, UNDERCOATING YOU WILL LOAD UP AND GO HOME
21) Hoods may be bolted, wired, or chained shut, must be able to open for inspection. NO WELDED HOODS MUST OPEN FOR INSPECTION. If BOLTED use up to 9x bolts 1 inch in size, bolts can only go through the car skin only. May use L brackets.
22) You may use 2x all-thread 1 inch thick from the frame to hood IN FRONT OF THE CORESUPPORTE ONLY. THIS COUNT AS 2X BOLTS FOR THE HOOD
23) ALL WASHERS USED TO HOLD DOWN HOODS MAY BE A MAX SIZE 3 INCHES.
24) HOODS NEED TO HAVE A FIRE HOLE. You may bolt to hood skin max 3/8 inch. 1 bolt every 6 inches
25) May weld the gears to make posi-track
26) With the exception of the radiator core support, all body mounts must stay stock and in their stock position.
27) Body bolts may be replaced with new bolts and washers, but cannot exceed the stock size bolt (3/8" max)
28) Tires must be painted to show that the brakes work. Drive tires must have working brakes before the show. We will test them.
29) Coils may be welded but NO added pipe
30) Leafs may have a max of 6 claps. Coils may be welded but NO added pipe. MAX 9 LEAFS PER PACK.
31) Suspension may be chained but A-arms may not be welded
32) NO FULL FLOATING REAR ENDS MUST BE 5 LUG.
33) DRIVERS DOOR MUST BE PAINTED WHITE. NUMBERS MUST BE ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, ROOF, AND FRONT PASSENGER DOOR. Make them big so we can read them
34) NO ALL WHITE OR SILVER CARS. I will have pink spray paint if you forget
35) IF A CAR HAS AN ELECTRIC FULE PUMP PUT AN E ON THE DRIVER DOOR.
36) A bar or steel strap MUST be place in the windshield.
37) IF IT IS NOT COVERED IN THE RULES DO NOT DO IT. IF YOU DO BE READY TO CUT OR LOAD BACK UP
38) ANYTHING IN QUESTION PLEASE E-MAIL ME at FrancisRacingMt@yahoo.com, CALL (406)670-1778, OR SHOW UP EARLY AND ASK.
39) CARS MAY BE RE-INSPECTED AT ANY TIME. TOP 5 CARS WILL BE INSPECTED AFTER THE MAIN INSIDE THE ARENA.
PITS OPEN AT9:00 AM
TECH OPENS AT 10:00 AM CLOSES AT12:30 PM
DRIVER MEETING AT 12:30PM
DERBY STARTS AT1:00 PM
You have 3x times to pass tech before it closes, bring you helmet.
ALL CARS WILL BE IMPOUNDED AFTER TECH WILL BE RELEASED AFTER THE DRIVERS MEETING.
IMPOUND WILL BE INSIDE THE ARENA CARS ARE RELEASED AFTER THE DRIVERS MEETING